Thursday, July 24, 2008


Polly Mae Mahan
October 1929 ~ July 2008

My sweet Nana passed away this morning. I am doing ok with it, but am so sad. Nana thought the world of me & I thought the world of her. We used to sing, "You are my Sunshine" to each other... I am humming it now with tears in my eyes.

Everyone should have someone in their lives that believes they are capable of only wonderful things. In Nana's eyes, I, her only granddaughter, could do no wrong. It was so comforting to know she always saw the best in me - and now - I am sad cause I'll never see those sparkling blue eyes again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry your dear Nana passed away. From how you describe the relationship with her, it must be a dear loss -- one that I can completely relate to. May your sadness turn to small joys about her once again.

Diane