Saturday, November 29, 2008

Is it unAmerican to *not* eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day? The pilgrims not only ate flying fowl, but partook of wild four-legged creatures too. My friends though sure look at me strangely when I tell them I had steak for Thanksgiving.

For Thanksgiving we joined my mom, dad and brother at Black Angus for a lovely feast. The best parts - Fun conversation, wine, and I didn't have to cook anything nor clean one little plate - heaven! After our early dinner we came back to my house for apple pie (gasp: no - not a pumpkin pie), coffee, and more conversation.

My mom makes THE best apple pie ever. Katie was so cute. She had two huge pieces. Half way through the second piece she got an awful tummy ache, but kept eating anyway. She said she was trying to ignore the pain because the pie was THAT good.

Ken tried the pie and grimmaced. Super - more pie for me!

We got our Christmas tree up and the lights on outside the house. This is great because I'm sure I won't have the energy to put toward Christmassy things while I'm teaching these next three weeks (but who's counting).

No comments: