Monday, November 24, 2008

A Visit From Grandma Judy


Rick's mom left this afternoon after a week long visit. I had to work during half the visit, but the time I got to spend with her was really nice.

While I was working my long term sub job, Judy, Rick and the kids did crafts and played games at the house.

Friday day, Judy and Katie made mini pumpkin pudding pies for Katie to take to her Girl Scout Feast. It was a special time for Katie and her Grandma to just be together.

Friday evening the kids went to their friends house (and Girl Scouts) and the three of us grown ups went Christmas shopping. It was a successful trip and now Judy doesn't have to ship gifts to us and the kids will be getting things they put on their wish lists.

Saturday I got out my jewelry making supplies and made more lanyards and fixed a few broken ones. Judy helped me while Katie worked on her scrapbook. Kenny played Wii games and Rick worked on his truck bumper.

Oh - did I forget to mention Rick backed into a pole? Yup. His truck is only two years old and he whacked it good! With the help of a neighbor he was able to pound out the bumper to Rick's satisfaction (yeah we don't have to buy a $300 new bumper). Now all he needs to do is get color matched paint to touch up some places where the paint cracked.

Later on Saturday Judy got to see Katie NOT play in another soccer game. Katie was freaking out about her breathing problems and didn't play (more on that later). She also got to see how Rick turned into Dumbhead Coach who forgets how to be dear ol dad. We're all human, but it's aggrivating for me being in the middle of the stress.

Sunday night Katie, Judy and I went to see a local production of Annie. Katie and Judy had never seen it before. Of course, I had to refrain from standing up and singing all the songs. It brought back great memories for me. My parents took me to see Annie in Hollywood/L.A. when I was around Katie's age. I bought the song book and memorized all the songs. It was a fun evening for all three of us.

We all enjoyed her visit, but Kenny was the most emotional about having to say goodbye. He cried when she left and moped around the rest of the day. He is excited about being able to email with her using our Wii email system (Katie is too).

No comments: