Friday, November 21, 2008

Survior



I officially survived parent teacher conferences. GO ME! After only knowing these 4th graders for 3 weeks and struggling to complete their report cards - I DID IT!

I was really eye-opening to conclude that all parents truly know their kids. Even when I was telling parents their kids were failing certain subjects or that their social behavior needed drastic improvement, parents were not surprised at all. Often when I had to share less than desirable news, parents would say it was still an improvement over last years marks.

My friend (and master teacher while I was student teaching) sent me a wonderful gift. She sent me a beautiful flower arrangement with a note saying, "Have fun this week. You can do it!" I received it during school hours and the kids were having trouble understanding why I had tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. It was so touching and sweet of her. Having those flower on the table with me during the p-t conferences made it feel like she was sitting there with me, rooting me on.

After this very stressful situation I am confident that p-t conferences with my own class and students will be a breeze.

One week off for Fall Break won't be nearly enough time to recuperate, but I'll take what I can get!

No comments: