Friday, August 29, 2008

"My lips are numb, my cheeks are puffy... and it's Awesome!



"My lips are numb, my cheeks are puffy... and it's AWESOME!" exclaimed Katie as she blew with all her might to get some noise out of *her* trumpet.

Yes. Katie is joining beginning band in 5th grade. She has chosen the trumpet for unknown reasons - well, actually, the band teacher had a little assembly and showed all the instruments and how they sound. She thought the trumpet sounded the coolest. She will start her classes on Tuesday - so we'll have a weekend or more of mysterious and funky sounds being spewed out of the instrument.

Of course we are renting-t0-own the instrument, cause if she's anything like me she won't stick with anything. Did you know I've had classes/lessons in the flute, clarinet, ice skating lessons, sailing and modeling? Can I say I am successful in any of those? Nope --- But I could be a runner up Plus Size Model for the Blind (laughing at myself here).

Just wanted to share Katie's excitement in her new musical adventure. I'll keep ya posted on her progress... meanwhile I might need to go to the local drugstore and invest in some ear plugs for Ken, Rick and myself.

No comments: