Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Runner Up Prize


I got disappointing news today. I didn't do well enough on my teaching job interview to get put on "the list" of candidates they call when opening crop up.

I did get the runner up prize though ~ a long term sub position as a Special Education teacher. I will spend 25% of my day at the local middle school and the rest at my kids' elementary school. It'll be a wonderful addition to my resume and a great experience to boot.

The kids have mixed feelings about it all. They really don't want me to go to work, but were brought to tears when they saw me crying and whining earlier today.

Rick is going to help out by changing his work hours so he can get the kids to school for me. Friends and family will pitch in here and there on days I need to work late (which I hope are few).

So many people have been praying, thinking good thoughts and just hoping things go my way ~ it does a heart good to know so many people are rooting for me. Thanks!


No comments: